Help with RPI + Philo

Is there a tutorial for using Philo in channels and w/DVR so I can record them? I don’t really need to watch it when away and they have their own DVR service. But would like to be able to use it thru your app.

Also, looking to add Fox Weather which is streamed via the internet. I can’t see to find the info (again) how to build a file to add iNet streaming sources. Thanks for the help!

Go to the browser interface for your DVR and add Philo as a TVE source. That’s it.

Just getting started with the DVR, so appreciate the help. Thanks

1 Like

One more question regarding PHILO. Why is it still limiting the channels when I am watching from home? For example, discovery channel does not show up in the list. I thought providers only limited certain channels when you are away?

It isn’t limiting them. When using the channels app you are not limited at home or remote. Most likely the authentication to discovery failed.

Go to your dvr web admin page > settings > basic setup > philo gear drop-down > manage lineup > scan > scroll down to 6101 discovery > gear > rescan

1 Like

I don’t have that option. I am missing 6101-6108 and no option to rescan on any of them. Pic is from browser DVR page. For the record, I am on the legacy $16 plan, but don’t think it should matter if I get it on the app!?!?

Troubleshooting Channels

In your Channels DVR Server web admin, you can view your source’s list of channels and their authorization status. Find your source in the Settings tab and choose the Rescan Channels option.

This will open a window listing all channels along with their current authorization status. You will see that many of your channels are authorized successfully. Some channels will be grayed out because they have not been authorized. The reason will be listed next to them.

There are many reasons a channel would not be authorized. These range from simple failures that can be corrected to failures due to your provider not offering the channel. Some of these errors are listed below.

If you can login and watch rhe channels from the network websites using your Philo credentials, they should work in Channels DVR.

Go here Channels Support - TV Everywhere Availability for links to the network websites

Just thought of a couple of things. 1.) With Philo you authenticate via an email link, NOT login crendentials. 2.) I did the authentication on my laptop, NOT the DVR server. I am thinking #2 could be the issue? I would think it if it was, then I would not see any channels?!?!

What errors show up next to the channels?

You need to click Scan at the top right corner of the list first

I'll give up talking to myself

Already did that and did it a second time, no change. Going to try and authenticate from the PI to see if that fixes it as I believe Philo may rely on a MAC address when it is authenticating?

1 Like

Just don't start arguing with yourself, you won't win! :rofl:

I will need to check the log for errors while scanning as nothing is seen in the DVR GUI. (Be patient, I am a newbie to the DVR server side of channels)

From the screenshot you sent, it looks like you have many of the channels set to be ignored (the little red circle with the line through it). You need to clear that if you want to see a channel show up in the guide.

Understood, but those are channels I want to skip. 6101 thru 6108 are missing, not skipped. Mainly care about Discovery. Still researching.

If you don't see it on the list you're in the wrong section.

Click the gear icon next to Philo under Sources and select Rescan

You are not on the right section. On your screenshot scroll up and hit scan

I removed the source and then did a Philo auth from the Pi Server. All appears to be good now in the lineup now, only a couple of channels show "no login form found", but not a big deal. Was getting some "Tuner not available" messages on newly added channels, but seems ok now after I tried them a second time around.

I am still having an issue with is Favorites. I have selected the favorites from the Philo and tuner lineups, but many of them are still missing when selecting that collection. This is on ATV, have not checked FireStick yet.

Thanks for the help from you and Rice getting my Philo setup

So new Philo error: "The TVE feature is not currently available on DVR's with ARM CPU's" What is up with that message? Happening on channel 6112 and I see it on a couple of others I tried to re-scan within the line-up. What is that about?