Hide Premium TV

I hid the Premium TV on the DVR but it’s still showing in the app. I disabled it on my iPad and then later went to my main Apple TV and again I had to hide them there. Do I have to hide them on every single app and the DVR individually? Can it just pull from the DVR?

you hide them from my.hdhomerun.com (do this inside your network), click on the tuner(s), then channel lineup then click on the star until it turns into a red x. it will be disabled on all the apps.

I know that can be done, but each app and the DVR have the ability to hide them without that. The apps (especially the Channels DVR free app) should pull that stutus from the DVR.

I don’t want to go through the route of X’ing them all out, then redo them when I sign back up after they make their infrastructure changes for better streams, then do it again when I cancel or lapse, etc etc.

Yes, the Hide HDHR Premium Channels setting is per app. The app itself is ignoring them in the lineup, it is not making any changes on your device.

To be more clear, the Channels app do not get device lineups from Channels DVR, they get them directly from the device. Any lineup changes you make in an app are just for that app on Apple TV, iOS app, or Channels DVR. There is no sync.

We’ve been talking lately about a best practice to make this a little better while still being able to allow unique lineups per app.

A sync would be awesome, since I have 7 Apple TV’s and 6 iOS devices…

We feel your pain.

1 Like