High CPU Usage

Hey guys,

Been a big fan of this software for a while. I'm getting this setup on a new machine that has hardware encoding.

I'm getting really high CPU usage.

I'm not running any recordings. Have no recordings scheduled. I have a movie library and a tv library folders setup (been set for over a week with all items added.)

Logs don't seem to show anything useful or related to this issue.

Thanks for any help that is provided!

Can you submit diagnostics

Submitting now!

Well you're not running out of disk space :wink:

2 Likes

There are improvements in the next prerelease to reduce CPU and memory usage when there are a lot of imported recordings.

Note that many things may still not work well in the web UI and apps, because the system is not designed for hundreds of thousands of recordings.

Oh I understand that. But thats good to know. So the amount of imported recordings is causing the high cpu and mem usage?

1 Like

Yes, but it should be fixed now. Can you try the prerelease and let us know how much CPU/RAM it uses now?

sorry for the long delay. just got around to doing tests after updating it. It does seem more responsive. but still high loads.

Could you email the recorder.db file from a recent backup to [email protected] so we can do some performance testing

Bout to send now