Home Page and overall "watching progress", lagging in updating

Hi, I have noticed that the "Home" page is not updating appropriately. There seems to be a delay in showing the "Continue Watching" items.
For instance, If I have been watching a movie, and navigate away to check the guide, or look for a different movie, "Continue Watching" does not quickly reflect the last shows watched. Sometimes, I have to exit the client app, force close, or clear the cache, to get the Home page to update and show what I was watching.

I also have noticed that the green progress bars which span the bottom of show or movie graphics are slow to update as well. I used to be able to pause a specific episode of a series on one device, move to a different client, and immediately see which episode I was watching, and how far I had progressed.

Specifying the exact sections of the app or showing screenshots where things aren’t being updated would be helpful in diagnosing this.

After some experimentation today, it seems that the green progress bar while changing devices during an episode in a series is syncing up correctly.

However, the Continue Watching problem on the Home Page persists. Here's an example of what I am experiencing:

While watching a recorded movie "3:10 to Yuma", I paused with an elapsed time of 59 minutes:

After browsing to the guide menu and then switching to the Home Page: 3:10 to Yuma doesn't appear under Continue Watching:

After exiting the client app and re-entering, browsing to the Home Page again, 3:10 to Yuma now appears, including the green progress bar at the bottom of the graphic:

Great. We’ll look at it.

Is this happening with every single movie you watch? I'm not able to reproduce this.

Can you please submit diagnostics from your server. There's something weird about the timeline in your screenshot, it's not using a poster aspect for the art for that movie.

There may be something weird about that movie that your library doesn't like due to the source you recorded it from.

OK, never mind, I just realized you're using the Android app, and not the Apple TV app. That would explain some things. Please be sure to specify which app you're using next time you're looking for help.

Please still submit diagnostics, and we'll look at this on the Android side.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry that I didn't specify, I tend to forget that there's an alternate "Apple universe" out there. It's the android beta client (9.18.1717), running on Nvidia Shield. Server is on Synology NAS, running version 2024.09.24.1553

For what it's worth, in this example today, I wasn't really watching the movie from the start. I launched it and fast-forward' to a point near the middle of the program, then played for a bit before pausing and jumping out to the guide and home pages. It does happen each time we pause a movie to pick up later.

Logs have been submitted as e5656d54-747e-40d6-b476-e5f1b8342b71

Changed it to the correct forum category.
Channels Android TV > Troubleshooting

I had originally reported the problem under beta release DVR server, since the problem spans across clients. I suspected that the lag is in syncing of watch and progress status between clients and the server.

Sorry, didn't know you had tried it on iOS and Apple TV.

Actually, not across other clients with different operating systems. Just different android clients. Stopped the movie to take the dogs out, and picked it back up in another room. Nvidia Shield and ONN Tv box, both Android.

1 Like

Please let me know if I can offer any help or testing on this issue, Jon. It seems to even happen when pausing, switching to another page like guide or search, and resuming from the Home page, on the same device, as well as resuming playback from the Home page on a different device.