HomePod Details

Completely off subject here. This wasn’t really covered in the keynote or the new page Apple has dedicated to the HomePod, however I wondered how much control the speaker will have over the Apple TV 4. I mean, if you get in the front door and say “hey Siri, turn the TV on” will it intergrate in that respect. And then will it go further and launch TVOS apps on request? “Hey Siri, play house of cards on Netflix” basically removing the need for the remote for a bulk of the apps and devices.

I know there’s no Channels integration with Siri… yet, but it would be nice to know how capable it will be with other products and apps. Also if you have x2 HomePods can you connect them to the ATV4 so they provide stereo sound?

Last but not least, reports of Apple looking to build a large flat panel factory in the U.S suddenly become interesting if the above are all “yes”
Could they be looking to build 55" & 75" 5k monitors? This would then allow for a simple but effective modular home entertainment system. HomePod to handle the sound, ATV4 or 5 to do all the streaming and processing, then finally a super thin 5k monitor. Each part can then be replaced as needed when advances in technology happen in that area. Interesting thought :wink: