How about adjustable DVR playback speed? 1.25x 1.5x 2x

I’m a news junkie. I’m also pretty busy and like to get through my backlog of daily news shows, debates, hearings, etc and still have time to live my life. I think it would be great to have a way to speed up playback slightly, like is the norm nowadays with podcasts. Thoughts?

+1

+1

+1!

Found this thread after being curious if this was available. I used to love using Windows Media Center to watch a recording at 1.4x playback speed with audio. It was great for trying to catch up during a recorded baseball game!

+1

+1

+1

This has been added in the latest tvOS/iOS beta.

The optional speeds are:

• 0.5x
  • 0.75x
  • 1x
  • 1.25x
  • 1.5x
  • 1.75x
  • 2x
3 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to check it out! Thanks

1 Like

Android TV please!

This would help greatly with the Wife's approval.

1 Like

Is this feature anticipated to be added to AndroidTV/FireTV builds or is it only possible because of AppleTV hardware?

I'm also very interested if this is possible on Android/Google TV...

Playback speed is available on android tv. While watching a program pull the top bar down go to options select playback speed.

2 Likes

Thank you - we didn't even know there was a pull-down menu. You just improved the WAF tenfold - it's the final thing she missed from Windows Media Center! (Also, The Bachelor is slightly more tolerable at 1.5x...)

1 Like

Can you give some detail on how to use this/where is the option for Apple TV, please?

OK, I searched a bit more and see that this might only be working with recorded shows and not live TV even if running in late time to speed up to normal time.

Is this correct?

Yes, live playback is only 1x.