How can all tuners be in use? I'm using ONE

My Connect Duo has one client that I know of, which is my ATV running Channels. Twice today I've gotten 805 All Tuners in Use errors, both times when one show was recording. One. I have two tuners. One is available for Channels to record the second show, right?

Or is this something to do with that tvOS limitation I read about elsewhere on the boards? Very frustrating

Check my.hdhomerun.com under Tuner Status to see what's using the tuners

Good news, right now Tuner 0 is on my live channel and Tuner 1 is recording.

Now I've set Tuner 0 to record and it's working fine too. But when I set two DVR recordings -- same time, same two channels -- I got an 805 error. I will try again tomorrow and monitor this.

Sometimes padding can burn you. If the recordings overlap at all both tuners will be consumed during the time of overlap. However the DVR generally keeps retrying and will begin recording as soon as a tuner is available.

Good. That should solve one of these. I pad ABC News by 30 minutes to get the local news in the same package (this was how I set the TiVo). I’ll record the two separately. 60 Minutes didn’t record either, possibly same reason.

There’s a second fail that doesn’t meet that description, but let’s nail this one down first. Thanks.