How do I do this?

Ok, I have tried searching around for days both here and on the internet but I can't figure out how to create a new stream file. I can easily get some of those already offered and input them into Channels but trying to create my own from scratch is where I am stuck.

For example, if I want to import streams from Disneyplus, how do I know what to put in the stream address to make it work. Where do I get that information? On the documentation section about this it gives an example like this:

https://www.disneyplus.com/video/1170bf6f-19ce-4acd-b018-7c02252416b7

Where does that last string of number/letters come from? Is there some program out there that does this for you?

I see there is a docker program to do this with Pluto TV so I am assuming I need something like that but for these other streaming services?

How do I figure out what the full address to my security camera (Ring) is so I can import that?

That is the place I am lost and I can't seem to find somewhere that says, "Ok, Step A is ____________ and Step B is __________________.

What am I missing here?

Stream Links and Custom Channels are two totally separate things.

For Stream Links, you go to Disneyplus.com or Netflix.com and find the thing you want to link to, then copy the url in the browser bar and put it in a strmlnk file.

For Custom Channels you need an M3U. You can google your particular camera and M3U to see what comes up.

1 Like
1 Like

Ok, thanks. That clears up one thing I didn't realize then - they are 2 separate things.

Sorry, I am very new to all of this.

Ok, off to learn more I hope. Unfortunately my search for my camera isn't producing a lot of results about the M3U file and what I have found isn't that helpful.

Ring devices do not provide a local stream to use with your own software. It's all streamed through the cloud to the Ring app.

There are projects out there to capture the stream, but they're specialized for things like adding the streams to HomeKit via HomeBridge. The software is there to probably create an RTSP stream for Channels to use, but someone would have to put in the work to do it.

Thanks for that information. That seems to be what I am finding out as well as I do more searching.