How do I skip (not record) a single episode of a series pass?

Not sure if I understand what skip does in the Scheduled Recordings, as it doesn't do what I want.

Happens infrequently with a few series passes. Trying to explain this the best I can.

I have a series pass setup for a series, recording All, not just new.
There is an episode of the series scheduled to record I want to skip and not record.
Usually because it's an old episode I saw or recorded before using Channels DVR or I'm just not interested in it.

I go to the web UI DVR > Schedule and change the first showing of that episode from Queued to Skip.
Now the rest of that episode airings say scheduled for (date/time of the first one I skipped).
There are other days and times this episode airs after the first showing.

Once that episode first showing has aired and the guide is refreshed the next day, the next showing of that episode is now queued for recording, instead of being skipped as I thought it would be.

If you need examples, let me know.

Don't know if it's related, but have a similar issue with changing padding in the DVR > Schedule for a specific airing and it gets changed after the guide updates next time.

The problem is that when set to "All" rather than "New", Channels will treat any unrecorded episode as one to record, regardless of whether it has aired previously. So if you skip one occurrence, it will still record the next airing of that episode.

The only real workaround is to let it record, then delete it. That way Channels will see that it has been recorded, so it won't try to record it again.

Thought so. Skip doesn't mean skip the episode, it means skip that airing. I was looking at the wrong page in my outdated Channels DVR User Manual :rofl:

I also sometimes 'skip' or reschedule some episodes because they would result in recording conflicts with the only 3 tuners available on my HDHR Prime.