How Do I update?

Greetings,
I just tried my HDHR5-4K with firmware 20221031 and I get on all channels video stopping and message that "tuner problems" no sound and video is stop on live TV.
My ZapperBox using the same antenna plays live TV without any problems. How do i update the firmware and is my firmware too old?

You can use a browse and go to the ip of the hdhr tuner and update from there. Or you can launch the hdhr app and update through the app. I believe 20221031 is the latest stable version so I don’t think it’s a firmware issue.

Thanks, I have the channels app on my Sheild TV, wonder if the app is causing this?

1 Like

Rice is correct. Latest version currently is 20221031. I have the same model. I don't have my nvidia shield hooked up currently. Did you try using the hdhr app and see if that plays okay using that? Otherwise you might want to hit up SiliconDust and you can send them the diagnostic information from your tuner. They can look at the log and see if you have a defective unit.

I did reboot the Sheild and that cleared up the freezing and video stopping, but now the video seems to be losing frames, the video is sometimes "jerky"
I will try the HDHR app later tonight, but most likely tomorrow sometimes, right now all 10 family members and kids are over.

On the channels app on the shield try changing settings>playback >advanced> video decoder

My shield likes hardware with the hdhr4k

Thanks, my friend, but I have it on "hardware"

1 Like

Is your Playback Streaming Quality set to Original for Home Streaming.

Merry Christmas,
I'm not recording or playing back recorded shows, just LiveTv. Thank you for the suggestion. Festive day for you and your family today.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.