How do you make the bottom information bar go away quickly?

Yes yes yes you just made my week. It works perfectly. Can’t wait for this to hit my android clients. Thank you so much @maddox

Any plans on making this a server side setting? Thanks.

Yes, all new settings have been added to the server recently. You have to wait for the build.

Server Side Settings for these new timeline options are now available in the pre-release:

It seems something is weird about adding the Show Timeline for sports & movies Playback->Seek Options in the Global Client Settings panel. If I add Normal->Show Timeline it adds fine. If I next select Sports->Show Options it adds fine but the option to select Movies-> Show Timeline is greyed out and cannot be added to the Global Client Settings. I have not tested if the Movies show timelines is enabled or disabled. Running DVR v2022.09.14.2139 (BTW I love this feature, thanks)

The latest pre-release has fixed that.

Just pulled DVR v2022.09.14.2324. It is still doing the same thing.

Try refreshing your browser while holding shift.

That worked. Never heard of that little trick.

Multiple scenarios is why there are options.

The show timeline options are now available on Android as well.

3 Likes

Just got a chance to try this. I’m getting the opposite in that the timeline bar when set to don’t show timeline pops up on skip forward and never goes away on shield tv. Skip backwards works as it should not displaying time bar. It does not matter if it is set in the app or forced from server side settings, it never goes away after the first skip forward. It has been working as expected on iOS. Diagnostics submitted from app under other.
46105400-4e3d-48fe-b969-2c6c2925fd44

Please try new beta apk, should be fixed hopefully

1 Like

Looks fixed on a quick test. Thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately quick seek FF time bar remains on my shield screen. Running beta (9-21-22). RW works fine. Thanks

You are right the latest beta broke it again. It was fixed in one of the betas but this latest beta broke it.

I have mine setup to not go away while watching regular viewing. but to hide while watching sports. Watching sporting events the bar doesn't show (intended behavior), but watching GameDay on ESPN this morning, it shows. I went into the show options to see if it's identified as "sports" and couldn't find that setting, but it does show it as Football genre and Sports Non-Event category. Is it possible to have Sports Non-Events hide the timeline bar following the behavior of the Sports toggle?

No, it’s not possible.

ok. thanks.