How does DVR decide which channel to use when creating a pass

Yeah I saw where you can prioritize the sources but that didn’t work for what I’m talking about. The ability to tie it to a specific channel is awesome and as I just learned is possible in the web interface but not the client.

Correct but the Server controls allocating the Channels/tuners so just favoring them in the web interface will do. You cannot specify a channel to record on in the Client.

OK...but do you get chocolate when you ask for eggs?

Favoriting a channel is not the same thing as setting a recording preference. That's why it's so opaque to a user. When the UI does two things under one name, it makes no intuitive sense.

The words you used in your answer..."favoriting a channel on the DVR will make it preferred as a recording source..." make my point [emphasis mine].

Two different words, meaning two different things. I may have a favorite that I don't prefer or vice versa.

I like Channels, I really do. And I signed up for a year recently. But it's full of oddities like this...number one being that one cannot really use the guide as it doesn't have a date/time switching feature.

I wonder if that's because the devs think search and timelines are the same as favorites and preferences.

I'm simply describing how the code functions today. Some things are easy to change and others are layered in years of legacy decisions and abstractions.

You can also tell it which channel you want it to use. I’ve done that because one of the shows I’m recording was filmed in SD. On one of the channels that it is currently broadcast on, they stretch the image out and the people look distorted. On another they are using a version that was upscaled. So there’s no distortion of the image. So I only record from that channel. I just told it in the pass which one to use.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.