How to add movie trailers

Trailers are working for me as well since the 2.22.0233 update. However, I did notice one weird behavior while watching a trailer. Automatic Commercial Skip activated while watching a trailer (the trailer had no ads in it). Is comskip trying to process the trailers in real-time?

We'll check it out.

3 Likes

One more thing. Can someone confirm if you watch a movie trailer if that movie then shows up in the "continue watching" section. Of course it doesn't refresh automatically, I have to back out and then go back in to get it to refresh, but I think watching the trailer makes it show up in continue watching as well.

It looks like there have been some long-standing bugs on Android regarding how Trailers are played and having the system accidentally think the movie itself had been watched. We're digging into what's going on and trying to make it line up with the tvOS/iOS implementation.

2 Likes

Is this supposed to work now? I have 2024.04.25.2349 and I still get Connection Lost.

I believe you also have to be on the latest beta for the android app for trailer playback to work. They have not released it officially yet.