How to change the IP address of the Channel Server

My original address for the Channel server was 192.168.50.195:8089. How do I change it to 192.168.51.195:8089. Do I need to delete the server and re-install it? Or is there a simpler way of doing this.

What platform? Basically you just change it at the OS level. Its not a function of channels.

The server is on an Nvidia Shield. Which setting do I change? The server only allows you to start or stop it. The IP address seems fixed.

You may want to move the server to something more reliable for a long term solution as I believe the server running on the shield is no longer supported. Re: the static IP, probably the easiest thing to do is set a dhcp reservation on your dhcp server.

Thanks for your reply. Changing the address assigned to the server on the router does not change the address on the server The address on my router is fixed at the new address. Which is why I need to change the address on the server.

Reboot the server

1 Like

Thanks @tmm1. That did it. I don't know why I didn't think of doing that.

I fixed all my problems by replacing the defective External Drive attached to my Shield.