How to clear the CommSkip Queue

Channels DVR 2023.01.23.1746 running on a 2014 Mac Mini with macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

I was importing a large recorded library to run CommSkip on it. It has gone very wrong. Even if I disable Commercial Detection via the Channels DVR UI it continues on. All I'd like to do at this point is be able to clear the queue so it doesn't automatically resume upon restart. Am I missing a way to do that?

As a feature suggestion, it would be nice to be able to view the Commercial Detection queue and operate upon it. Pause/Resume All, Clear All, Pause/Resume and Clear individual items (including the current item) would be awesome.

Thanks,

Chris

You can see what it's doing from the Web Admin, "Support" then "LOGS" the entries in the log will show what it's doing for commercial detection. Depending on your server, it can take a VERY long time per file. I've had it take 3/4 hour, with a single thread. I now have 3 threads (cpus) dedicated to it, and the average 1 hour show takes around 2-3 minutes.

An easy hack for now might be to go into ~/Library/Application Support/ChannelsDVR/latest and rename comskip to comskip.old and let all the jobs fail, then rename it back.

1 Like

Yea, I don't have a problem normally but I thought I'd play around with Imports and just pointed it at 6TB of recordings. Got it all turned around by the time I was done. Should have setup a test server and borked it instead of my main one!

Thanks,

Chris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.