How to exit PIP? (NVIDIA Shield + Harmony Remote)

PIP is great, but the only way I can get back to full screen is by selecting a program in the guide. I would like to be able to return to full screen on the currently playing channel, without having to go back through the guide to find and re-enter the current channel in the guide. I frequently go into PIP to do a quick check through the guide, but then want to exit back to the full view.

Is there a command I can send with my Harmony Hub remote to return to full screen on the currently playing channel?

Google unfortunately does not provide any API for leaving PIP mode: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37254459

We're looking into workarounds.

Thanks very much for the quick response. I was afraid it might be a limitation of Android, but was hoping maybe I was just missing something. I appreciate your reply. You guys provide amazing support.

I found a way to make it work and am uploading a new beta now.

• NEW: Keyboard shortcut 'p' will toggle PIP on Android TV
  • NEW: Pick the currently playing channel on Guide or On Now again to fullscreen PIP window
1 Like

It works! This is perfect. Now I can toggle between PIP and full screen with a press of the same button. Thank you so much! :grinning:

1 Like

This works for me too on Beta 102.2.141. Thanks!