How to favor a particular channel w/advanced pass?

I'm looking for a way to favor a particular channel using advanced passes (or perhaps the API?) for the new Chicago Sports Network. CHSN broadcasts OTA on 62.2 (1080i) and 62.3 (720p). The secondary channel at 62.3 is the "overflow" channel used for resolving scheduling conflicts. When there aren't any conflicts, the secondary channel sometimes simulcasts the live event and sometimes broadcasts a replay. The problem is the EPG always lists a simulcast event even if it's actually a replay!. Channels seems to favor the 720p channel so occasionally I get the wrong event.

Bulls Example:

Hawks Example:

I want a pass that will record 62.2 at all times (Friday & Tuesday in the examples) unless the overflow channel is being used to resolve a conflict (Saturday & Monday). Any ideas?

All things being equal, Channels DVR favors higher numbered channels over lower numbered channels.

Ah, it favors favorites. Just un-favorite the un-favored and it will favor the favored. Nice!

Screenshot 2024-10-13 at 4.42.25 PM

1 Like

:joy:

Well said! :laughing:

How about ADVANCED -> CONDITIONS -> CHANNEL

Channel CONTAINS 12.1

That chooses channel 12.1 exclusively as opposed to favoring it with other channels still available as backups.

Fully understand but if you want a particular channel and not mess with favorites that might affect other passes that is the way to do it. Passes with particular Channels should always be top of the Priority food chain.