How to hide channels in Android TV App

I’m a bit confused here, i am using the Android TV channels APP on Nvidia shield connect to Channels DVR running on a windows server.
I have hidden some unwanted channels in via the web interface, however, it seems this does not apply to the Android TV app as i see them all from withing the app.
I cant find a way to hide these channels from the grid guide in the app.
Is there a way ?

You’ll have to force stop the app, or simply reboot the Nvidia Shield, to get it to see the change at the tuner. Thus the discussion I started in Favorites sync across apps

You can also click and hold your hdhomerun and select Refresh Device to reload the channel listing.

I have tried to do refresh device. However it seems that channel list is coming from the tuner and not the DVR as i still see all available Channels.

I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the app but favorites and DVR channel list and favorite are not being added to the client. Instead it’s just getting all available Channels from the tuner without any favorite.

What kind of hdhomerun? Do those channels appear as hidden on my.hdhomerun.com

It’s a dual HDHR3-US. I can’t however see channel listing under my.hdhomerun.com, only the device model and firmware version.

Following your message, it seems that the channels listing is coming from the tuner and not the DVR server ? If that is the case , is there a plan to centrally manage channels from the DVR instead of from the tuner ?

You don’t have under there "XX Channels?

I know it’s not immediately obvious (I missed it), but the model number, version number and XX Channels lines are all links to more data, to settings, update manager, etc.

Here's what i see . But, i cant de-select channels from within the hdhomerun setup.

Again, IMO this is a PITA. Would really like to see a separate Channels db for available, disabled and favorites. :grin:

[quote=“Benoit_Vincent, post:10, topic:7312, full:true”]
Here’s what i see . But, i cant de-select channels from within the hdhomerun setup. [/quote]
Click on the “NN Channels.” You’ll see a channel list. Clicking on the star to the left of each channel cycles between “normal,” favourite and de-select.

Please see my screenshot to see what I see when I click on the xx channels link

Oh. Sorry, I misunderstood. I wonder why it’s doing that? When I do that, it takes me to a channels list–as I described. A good thing, too, because I don’t use MS-Windows. Never have. If mine had done that to me, it’d have gone straight back to the store.

Maybe ask in the SD forums?

The link is in the Channels DVR web UI

Good point.

But still: I wonder why the tuner web page is acting like that?

Legacy tuner units do not have the ability to save channel scan results.

1 Like

Thank you all for your reply’s.
I now understand that the client are not using channels list and favorites from DVR.
I have selected all required channels in each client and marked them as favorites and i am using this filter in the grid guide.

Thank you

1 Like