How to prefer recording from TVE locals

Ok. So in my area, we get 3 locals over TVE that the bulk of our recordings come from. When it is recording, it will be red for the channel in the hdhr lineup, and also for the tve channel. There are times when 2 recording are going at once. Trying to watch a different antenna channel will tell me all tuners in use, just a 2 tuner. If I can get it to record from the tve channels it would never use a tuner, correct? Is this possible?

This means the program is recording, but not necessarily from that channel. Since both channels are airing the same content, both instances will show it as being recorded.

Yes. Just set your TVE source as a higher priority on the DVR. (Priority settings in the client are only for live viewing preferences; recording priority is only set at the DVR.) Or, favorite the TVE version of those local channels, and they will be attempted first for recording.

1 Like

Only the actual channel being recorded should be red. Looks like this was not working as intended on Android and has been fixed in the next beta.

1 Like

It’s always been like that in iOS and atv. It’s happening right now.

1 Like

Okay I'm pushing a new ios testflight with the same fix.

2 Likes

Ok, so I adjusted the sources in the dvr setup, got to looking around and found this setting. I could have found it myself without posting and being lazy, so my bad on that. I suppose I need to reboot the server for the source priority to change in that particular menu? I like the idea of it just defaulting to the tve channels for recording if possible but it's nice to know that I can fix it manually if needed.

Screenshot_20210323-175809_Chrome

Once you save the source priority in the DVR that will be the new order; no need for the DVR to restart.

1 Like

This is the DVR priority setting I was actually referring to:

1 Like

can you share the GSN feed? or @tmm1 can you add it to TVE?

thanks.

It is the Game Show Central channel from Pluto. So, not the real GSN feed (which won't work with Channels because of the feed's DRM), but rather the crappy/poor channel that plays endless repeats of shows.

The GSN website uses DRM for their live feed, so it won't work with Channels. (This was already discussed when GSN first added a live stream to their site.)

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks.

It doesn't seem to be defaulting to the TVE channel, it chose the tuner.

Recording ch29.1 for American Masters until 8:30PM.

It only shows the one recording. But the Frontline is listed gold twice, so maybe that fix was only for currently recording and not scheduled? @tmm1

sources

The DVR > Schedule tab shows the channels considered for each job in the order of preference. Frontline is scheduled for either channel, so both show in yellow. When the channel is picked, one of them will turn red.

Ok, but I'm still confused. It's recording from the tuner and not the tve when I changed the source priority to do so. Upon looking in the DVR > Schedule thing, all of those recordings I have set, that have a local and a tve are all set to Any, and it should pick based upon the source list. It seems to be still picking the tuner. Is this not working as intended?

Also, I thought to look at the passes to see if I can set it in there so I don't have to edit every recording to use the tve channel and it seems theres a spot to do that, but it's just a text field i can type anything in. Just type in the channel#?

Yes the channel number goes there.

If it's still preferring 3.1, it's because that channel is favorited and 6000 is not.

1 Like

I would have never figured that out since I don't use the favorites. It was an attempt to show my GF that there IS more than one way to display the channels. It didn't catch on. Thanks!

1 Like