How to re-order Movie Collections?

I know how to re-order movies within a collection, but is there any way to re-order the movie collections themselves? My movie collections have grown a lot and I would like to be able to order them in some logical order. Is there any way to do this, other than deleting and recreating all my collections?

Right now they're ordered alphabetically in the main library.

In the Kids Section, they're ordered by the last time one of the movies inside them were played/watched. This is so kids can find what they were watching last faster, since kids watch the same things over and over again.

To be honest, collections are sorted alphabetically for no good reason other than we didn't have any better ideas for the DEFAULT. We can add settings though.

What kind of sorts would you like to see?

Thanks for the response. Actually they are not sorted alphabetically. The collections are sorted in the exact same order they are created. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing.

I'm attaching a screen shot of what I mean. The order they are created in the web UI is the same order they appear in Channels DVR. I would like to be able to re-arrange them into a more logical order in the web UI. Is there any way to do it?

In the client, they are ordered alphabetically, at least on iOS and Apple TV. On web, they are ordered by when they were created.

So you just want the ability to drag sort them into any order you want, rather than sorted by any sort of method.

Yes, exactly. I use Nvidia Shield and the collections appear in the same order as in the web UI. If there was just a drag and drop handle so I could re-order them in the web UI, it would be awesome. That way I could move things around so related collections are close together. As I keep adding new ones, I could always keep them orderly. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.