How To Record Just A Portion Of A Recurring Program?

We've a morning "news" show we wish to record. Problem is: It starts at 4 a.m. and runs until 9 a.m. They repeat essentially the same thing every half hour. So we'd like to record only from, say, 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.

Any way to achieve that?

TIA

Until they add negative padding I can only think of two ways.
1 - Record the show starting at 9am and pre-pad 90 minutes so it starts recording at 7:30am.
2 - Create a manual recording How to create a Manual Time/Channel based recording job

1 Like

Thanks, @chDVRuser. Neither of those are particularly attractive options. I just won't bother. It's not that important.

I suggested exactly the same thing some time ago. @tmm1 Do you think this might be a possible enhancement someday?

I have done exactly what you want, but I don't think you will like the answer.

First you need to figure out how to use Curl or some other tool to create a recording by Date, Time, Channel, Duration. There are threads in the forum on how to do this. It is not easy or straight forward.

Then you need a program on your computer which sends this command out to Channels on a regular basis because there is no way to make it a series, you can only do one show/day at a time.

For me, I have a database of shows with information on what days of the week they should be scheduled. Then at 7am each day it schedules that day's programs, and the following day as well, just in case of a failure in my scheduling program. There is no penalty in scheduling the same exact show twice, it just replaces the old one with the new one.

Ken

Now available:

2 Likes

YEA!!! This gets rid of a ton of my custom programming.

Thanks guys.

1 Like