How to record (to DVR) a program in progress

So, I have a user question: How do you record a program in progress? I've not found a keystroke or way to do this.

Example: I was watching a program on History channel, no idea if I'd like, then realized I wanted to record it to watch it later and move to a live program. For the life of me, I could not figure out how to do this on my Channels on my Apple TV, with the apple remote or the apple remote app on an iphone.

Is this even possible? In the old DirecTV you just hit record, and if you were missing the beginning of the program, it'd tell you.

I ended up looking far ahead in the guide, finding another broadcast and recording it there.

Got to be a way, no?

Thanks in advance

Press Down on the remote to bring up the Quick Guide. Below the description for the program currently airing will be a Record button. Press that, and the DVR will begin recording from that moment. (Unfortunately, because of the way that the DVR and clients currently work, any previously broadcast portion of the program in your client's buffer will not be added to the recording. This is a limitation of the way that the Channels DVR works.)