How to refresh guide for delayed sporting event

I would like to record the NASCAR race that was delayed due to rain over the weekend and I think is scheduled to go today at 4PM EST on FOX. Is there any way to refresh the Guide data so that this change shows up. It will be a little difficult to record it otherwise because there are several different shows regularly scheduled during the multi-hour time slot that the race will run. Thanks.

You could always record the program in that time slot, and get creative with padding. Start 60 mins early, end 300mins after. For an hour program, that’s 7 hours.

You could also try Settings > Guide Database > Maintenance > :gear: > Fetch Guide Updates on the web UI.

Thanks for this suggestion. It hadn't occurred to me to just tweak the end time by a couple of hours. Its not great that the name is wrong, but I can live with that if its in a single recording. I'll delete it shortly after watching it anyways.

I did try to fetch updates and it wasn't updated yet I guess in the Guide data.

This is why I love this forum!

1 Like

This worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Not sure if anyone here likes car racing... this NASCAR raise was very entertaining. They covered the Bristol track with 2,000 truckloads of dirt and had the first dirt Cup race since 1970, other than in the Disney movie Cars. :joy: :joy: :joy: It was quite a contrast between this and the Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix a couple days ago. Both great races. Love being able to DVR them and watch them after.

Channels updates the guide every morning. If the airing info didn’t change then, or after you manually updated, then fox didn’t update the info with Gracenote. I noticed yesterday that it wasn’t updated.

In contrast, every ncaa basketball game had the right teams in the second round over last weekend. And they had 1 day to update them.

Clearly March Madness is more important than the first dirt track race in 50+ years! :joy: :joy: :joy: