How to search and delete season premiere episodes

Continuing the discussion from First episodes of classic (80's, 90's) TV series:

As the link above discusses, I created an advanced pass to record all season premier episodes so I could see what recorded and decide if I wanted to setup a pass for the series. It was nice since I was able to record series that I'd forgotten about.

Now I have many season premier episodes that I want to delete from the library. I'm unable to figure out an easy way to search for these episodes then delete them. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

Reminder that On Later will list these regularly so that you can browse them.

New Shows and New Seasons.

I don't know if there is an easy way using what is already available in Channels itself.

The way I would do it is by writing a short script to retrieve the requested information from the library.
If it doesn't take too much time, I might be able to throw one together by the end of the weekend. No promises. :wink:

I don't know how many other people have this issue so I'm not sure I'd spend much time on this @mjitkop. I could use the @maddox method and just on the couch for some time and press buttons. I have 102 season premiere episodes based on doing a finder search for S01E01 AND filename=".mpg".

In the search field in the web admin use this:

tags=[Season Premiere]

1 Like

This only gets a few. Lots of the S01E01 are not tagged with "Season Premiere". Probably because they got recorded with crappy Pluto guide data.

Use the Virtual Channels rule editor to make a rule to get episodes with season 1 episode 1 and switch to the advance editor to see the syntax and use that in your search.

That works to get the search to return the episodes, but from here I cannot select the episode to delete. Even though hovering the cursor over the episode displays the play arrow, clicking on it does nothing. I think this is a long ago identified bug.

Ooof it is.

We’ll get that fixed up soon.

I want to make search like this work in Manage as well, which would allow for all the batch management.

3 Likes

Bumping this issue. I'd like to Marie Kondo my library in the new year so I would love to be able to do a keyword search on recordings and then be able to batch delete movies and shows.

1 Like