How to Setup Library - TV Shows with proper images

When I add one of to Library, a TV Show collection (use "Gunsmoke" as an example) how do you insure the proper images are displayed for:
1 - Overall series in Main Library page?
2 - Each episode?

They appear to be random now.

Any suggestions?

Overall image for TV series is incorrect. Also, image for each episode is incorrect. I realize there is a database I need to connect to, but I have searched for Documentation all over the site and found nothing helpful or clear.

I use update art for the main for main series. This shows up in library.
I then will go to the season. Then use select all and update all. Then the placard changes as you scroll through seasons. For my looney tunes, I go to each episode and change thumbnail to an uploaded title screen.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks!

You are in correct place to update art. Go to your series>manage art> and choose your art. I generally click use "apply art to all recordings of show"

Right now I am on season 1, i've chosen "select all", beside that in the "actions" drop down (this is known as the batch editor) you can update art for the season.

When you choose any episode in that season, the art will be what you've chosen or default to art previously selected for the show.

You can go further to each show and update the thumbnail. You can see them at the bottom but generally the season art you've assigned will remain until you select watch.

You can track your images a little easier by going to top shelf menu DVR>Manage>Images> where you can select general, placard, thumbnail etc

Remember that if you have a large library there is a 1gig limit for images with appletv and some other clients. Oldest non used will not be loaded (not sure if deleted or just not used.)