How do I get to the Channels browser interface to watch through Safari or Chrome?
Use the web admin.
And how do non-programmers do that?
Replace x.x.x.x with the IP address of the Channels DVR server
Click on Live TV / Guide to watch from the Guide or click Library to view recorded/imported shows/movies to watch them.
they read the manual.
i can see into the future and to answer your future question, heres how non-programers find the manual
Here's how to access channels DVR from a windows browser, if you are at home (on the same network as the DVR server).
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the same wifi network that that channels DVR server is connected to.
- Go to: Channels — Channels Account
- Log in with your credentials
- Under your profile, click on the "Your DVR" tab.
- It will show a link to your DVR. Click on it to access your library, live TV etc.
You will see both "At Home" link and "Away from home link". I tried the At Home link and works flawlessly!
I haven't tried the Away from Home link but it should work too if the proper ports are open.
Love Channels DVR!