Html5ified-dummy?

When I began recording Covert Affairs from Start TV on 1/19, I saw there was no episode data associated with it. I decided to copy it to a Local Content folder and rename it so it would have the SnnEnn format in the filename and not interfere with successive recordings.

When I first did a simple copy, I noticed that it wouldn't play, so I attempted to open it in VideoRedo intending to save it or QuickStream Fix it and got the dreaded "No PIDs..." error. Finally, I opened it in LossLess-Cut and was able to save and play the exported file.

When I was doing file cleanup, I noticed a file named "Covert Affairs 2010-07-13 2013-01-19-1100-html5ified-dummy.mkv" in the original folder with a creation time just a few seconds after the recording had completed.

This file looks like it's a artifact from having opened it in Lossless-Cut, but does anyone know what it is for? I don't believe I've seen it with any other recording, but I also want to know what I'm deleting.

As far as the html5ified-dummy.mkv files, they are from LossLess-Cut

You should be able to open files that give the "No PIDs..." error in VRD by putting a checkmark on Tools > Options > Stream parameters > Ignore transport stream maps

2 Likes

Here are a couple threads (I found by searching for PIDS) at the VRD Forum

Thanks for the tip! I had Ignore transport stream maps checked, and the MBytes to scan at file open was set to 100, but the PMT sample points was still at the original 3. Hopefully, upping it to 30 won't cause any problems.

I have mine set with
Ignore transport stream maps checked
MBytes to scan at file open 500
PMT sample points 50

I'll try those setting as well and see if Ihave fewer of those No PID messages. To date, I see it primarily on about 1 out of every 100 or so files I download from our TiVos using kmttg.

Have you tried using pyTivoDesktop to download ?
It can be set to retry downloads to eliminate the loss of TS Sync byte errors that TiVos cause when downloading recordings as a transport stream.

Dan203 (VideoRedo) worked on it and hosts it.
https://www.pytivodesktop.com/

I've used it, but not since pyTivo_1.6.16.exe was available. I didn't realize it would be any better at downloading than other options I was using (kmttg and TiVo Desktop).

I used to use the original pyTiVo all the time when it ran on Python and could download and upload (push) files back to our TiVos. It helped ease my transition from my 4 ReplayTVs, lol.

I used Kevin's kmttg for pulls, pushes, searching, One passes and remote control.
I used William's pyTiVo on Python before that.
Started using Dan's pyTivoDesktop when he implemented the fix for the TiVo lost TS Sync bytes.
Those cause errors in the transport stream and result in chunks of lost program.
You can think of it like an Interrupted TVE recording in Channels DVR, only you're not notified parts of your recording aren't in the file you downloaded from your TiVo.

I had no idea! I had been using Kevin Moye's utilities since he was very active in the ReplayTV community in the early 2000's and never knew - or forgot - he once made kmttg able to push files back onto our TiVos.

I've experienced quite a number of those downloads that have missing chunks in them and never realized it was due to lost ts sync bytes or that there was any remedy for them. I guess I'll start using pyTivo Desktop again.

Thanks!

Having thought about it, I think I DO remember that (pushing with kmttg) now. I seem to recall it was TiVo that stopped permitting such transfers.

Yep, those good 'ole days. I remember scheduling downloads of mp4 podcasts with my TiVo HD and pushing mp4's to my Premiere with pyTiVo metadata, streaming to them with streambaby and kmttg, etc.

I'm still frequently streaming with streambaby when binging a series. I love the large buffer and the TiVo player/remote functions when viewing on a TiVo connected TV.

But I digress. I installed pyTivo Desktop and it's not finding my TiVos despite me installing it as Administrator and doing a first time start as Administrator. Virtually everything on my network is hardwired and on 192.168.0 addresses and pyTivo.exe and pyTivoDesktop.exe are being allowed through the firewall for private networks. Do one or both of these need to be allowed for public networks instead/as well?

I originally had that issue and don't remember what fixed it.
Something simple.
It was discussed in one of these the forun threads.

I have the original pyTivo running as a service that I killed before installing pyTivoDesktop, so I'm not sure that would be it. I also have the most recent Tivo Desktop installed and didn't kill anything associated with that when installing, so perhaps that was conflicting.
I'm away from my PC so will have to try that a bit later.

So I paused the TiVo Desktop server from the system tray, went to TiVo Server Properties, unchecked the "Start TiVo Server automatically when logging on to Windows, and then Exit-ed the Server. Next, I Exit-ed pyTivo from the system tray and uninstalled and reinstalled pyTivo Desktop.

Same issue - No TiVos found.

Now, I notice that in pyTiVo Desktop->Settings->Network, there's a listen on Beacon option, but I don't see a Bonjour for Windows option like is selected in TiVo Desktop. It couldn't have anything to do with that, could it?

I don't remember what I did, it was something in one of those threads.

I just now ran pyTivoTray.exe and pyTivo.exe from the install directory and now it's not seeing mine either. Played around with Beacon and Zeroconf settings with no luck.

It's been awhile since I used it. Will have to mess with it later.

Okay, that was weird. I turned off the firewall for Domain, Private, and Public networks, Apply-ing each one. Then I did a search for TiVos and still none were found. So I turned the firewall back on for each of those networks, Applying each one.
Next, I went to pyTivo Desktop->Settings->Network and clicked on the drop box under Zeroconf, left it on Auto, and clicked on Save. pyTivo Desktop took the next 20-30 seconds restarting and Viola! There are all my TiVos!
So I'm in business with very little idea how.

1 Like

Strange.
I added allow for pyTivoTray.exe in Private Network and it started working for me.
pyTivo.exe was already allowed.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.