Hybrid DVR (Remote/Local)

There’s a 1.75s delay where it looks for a local DVR first. I can maybe reduce that to 750ms

Sounds good, what I’m seeing when I open the app is for 1 second only local Now/Guide/Settings shows up, then it adds the DVR/Recordings, and a second or two later the guide order changes (for me at least bc my remote stations are lower numbered it first puts them after my local stations then corrects it based on channel number)

Should be instant on the new beta

Pretty much is, the channels still populate out of order and then correct about 2 seconds later but it’s I very minor issue and should only happen if the users remote channel numbers are lower than their local numbers. Right now I’m testing with two cable card tuners and the main use case will be local OTA, which should solve that.

1 Like

Just tried with my setup. Sounds like you’ve addressed above, but just for reference… Local and Remote channels will now both work when watching live tv, but when I force quit and relaunch, it knocks me off the remote dvr. Thanks for working on this, it only continues to get better!

Hmm, on Apple TV? Does leaving the app and coming back do anything?

New App Store build is available with these fixes

I'd like to try a remote/local setup but I'm not sure how to configure both servers in terms of port forwarding, bonjour and remote DVR. I'm guessing I need the following:

LOCAL DVR SERVER
Basic Setup > Bonjour - CHECKED
Remote DVR > Enabled - OFF

REMOTE DVR SERVER
Basic Setup > Bonjour - CHECKED
Remote DVR > Enabled - ON
Remote DVR > Port Forwarding - AUTOMATIC

Then I would have to choose Remote or Local from the Channels App on my client device. Is this right??

Personally the best method I've found is to only run one DVR. We have Cable Card on the remote DVR with all channels and use a local tuner (no dvr) for local stations. This means we get all channels from the remote server but can also watch live local stations, they show up in the guide alongside the dvr channels but cannot be recorded.