I have a problem running Channels DVR on Nvidia Shield TV

There is a setting on the Shield TV called Surround Sound. I need to leave this setting as ‘Auto’ in order for Plex to work most efficiently (minimizing transcoding). The Channels DVR app doesn’t like that setting at all because it causes 2 problems:

1. Whenever I change channels or pause playback, the audio is delayed about 5 seconds before it kicks on.
  2. The Shield’s remote no longer is able to control the volume, and I’m forced to use the TV’s remote.

These 2 problems don’t occur with any of the other apps I am using on the Shield. HDHomeRun DVR, for instance, works perfectly.

I am able to solve these 2 problems by changing the Shield’s Surround Sound setting to ‘Disable’. But this is an undesirable setting for other apps on the Shield.

Channels DVR is much more polished than HDHomeRun DVR in many ways. However, this Surround Sound issue is a deal breaker for me, so hopefully there is a fix for this.

Today is my last day with a subscription so I was hoping to get a resolution to this ASAP. If resolved I want to continue with the service.

Can one of the experts possibly duplicate this problem I’m seeing?

You can turn off the Surround Sound option in the Channels app on the Player Settings tab

Yes. That fixed it. Thanks You so much!

I’m buying this for another year