I like the number 2

Two is my favorite choice for both number of episodes to keep and minutes to pad for certain shows. Any chance of getting 2 added as a choice for these settings?

It turns out that these restrictions are not in the server, they are just in the application user interface. I know this because I've been able to change the number of episodes to keep with API calls to the server. There's a bunch of work in doing this, and it would be nice if the user interface would just allow a numeric input. The same is true for skip ahead values.

However, I can see why this is not a high priority for the development team.

I agree on allowing numeric input. But even if numeric input were available, I would like to see 2 as a choice in the specific cases I mentioned.

There's nothing better than a good # 2 after your morning coffee.

4 Likes

Can you provide a little more info on how you change the number of episodes to keep via "API Calls"?

curl -XPUT "http://192.168.0.232:8089/dvr/rules/43" --data-binary "{"EQ":{"SeriesID":"10148064","Tags":"New"},"ID":"43","KeepNum":2,"KeepOnly":"last","Name":"Beat Bobby Flay","PaddingEnd":0}"

You can see from this example, you need to previously have identified the SeriesID, and the internal ID number in the server for the series you want to modify. In my case it was 43, but yours will be different.

The key items for setting number of keeps to 2 are: ,"KeepNum":2,"KeepOnly":"last"

1 Like