Identifying Imported Shows

Hi,
I have imported my library of TV Shows into Channels- and there are some shows (non-UK/USA) that Channels can't indentify. Most are down-under shows - from Austalia and New Zealand. Two examples of this are Rosehaven and Outback Truckers. What does Channels use to identify shows? Both shows are on TVDB. Is there a work-around for this?

Channels only uses Gracenote to match shows. Here are the 3 steps for you:

#1: Try the "Fix Incorrect Match" or "Find Match" function, attempting different spellings, etc...

#2: Try to find the TMS ID:

#3: If all else fails, manually edit it yourself:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I very much appreciate it.

1. I had tried the "Fix Incorrect Match" or "Find Match" function - unsuccessfully!
  2. This solution did give me some success - however, I would be interested to know if Channels has an alternative source. This site is US only. I had to turn on my VPN to open it from here in the UK. As I mentioned - I did find one or two shows - however, a lot still did not appear. What prompts me to ask if there is another source of data is this - I entered a few UK shows that Channels HAS identified (Gogglebox as an example) as a test, and this did not show up on zapit.com. There were others. But they have been properly identified whilst imported. This leads to me to consider that there must be an alternative. It might be that I did not explain that I was based in the UK in my initial post? Does anybody know of an alternative - as I understand Channels works in Australia - what data source do the Ozzies use?!
  3. Did not try this yet! Last resort

Thanks again

Correlation is not causation. Consider: Gracenote uses different versions of the database in various countries, not a central one (check their website, they have offices/server farms around the world). Also consider: Zap2It and Channels cannot even 100% agree in the USA, meaning the pull each receives is different for many reasons that we are not privy to.

Metadata is sadly imperfect and a very big pet peeve of mine and many others, but #3 from above is the solution when #1 and #2 fail. There is no current better workaround, maybe in the future it will be different.

Also consider #0: Search for forums. These questions have been discussed in great detail in previous threads. For instance:

1 Like

Thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.