I'm about to send Tivo Customers to You

With the FCC-Repack and the majority of Broadcasters changing frequencies on us espcially this week. Many Tivo DVR's will be useless due to Tivo Engineers not rectifying issues with the Program Guide. The guide is mapped to the frequencies so the guide will not update. So many Tivo owners maybe coming over to Channels DVR. Can you handle it. Right now I have (3) three Tivo Bolt OTA door stops.

Sure, we have tons of ex-TiVo users around here.

2 Likes

I still use my TiVo for Cable recordings just because there are too many limitations with the current Prime 3 tuner model vs the TiVo, but I've unhooked my OTA TiVo and have it stored as a backup now. Channels is 100% my OTA recording source for the same reasons you describe. I just got tired of fighting with TiVo to get them to update local stations. My area is slated for the repack on 9/11 now due to the Hurricane, but the day will go really smoothly thanks to Channels. All I have to do is re-scan, and then if any channels don't match up automatically just remap them using the "edit" function and life is back to normal. No waiting days to depend on others to do something to "fix" it. Once the repack is done I'm planning to go to two HDHomeRun Quatros and two antennas- one for each market I have access to- since each pose their own reception challenges. That will create a wonderfully redundant system to make sure I get the best reception from both markets instead of having to "compromise" like I did with my TiVo.