Images used for Up Next

I'm not clear on which image is used where. I'd like to use a custom image for our local news programs as I record all of them and want to make it clear in the Up Next without squinting whether it is the 7 AM News, 12 PM News, etc.

In /admin/shows/ I've changed both the Backdrop and Logo images successfully. I've also edited the other graphic on that page. However, this only affects already recorded instances, even though I have the box "Apply to all recordings of this show" checked. In fact, each time I go in to edit the top image (not backdrop or logo), the "Apply to all.." box is unchecked.

Up Next shows episodes. It uses the episode art.

You can only edit the art of items in your library. Each recording will be created with the art that comes from its guide data.

OK, thanks for the explanation.