Implement TVE feature on My Cloud EX2 Ultra

When configuring Channels DVR, step 3 Setup Guide Data using the Spectrum TVE entry I get the following message: "The TVE feature is not currently available on DVRs with ARM CPUs". I am using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with 4TB RAID1 connected to an Apple TV 4K. I am using Safari connected to the Channels DVR app on the My Cloud drive to configure the app.

The log has these 2 entries each time I retry:
2020/02/06 15:34:17 [TVE] action=auth mvpd=Spectrum requestor=nbcentertainment
2020/02/06 15:34:17 [TVE] Auth failed for Spectrum: The TVE feature is not currently available on DVRs with ARM CPUs

My user ID and password work using Safari to go to the Spectrum site and the Spectrum app works when used stand alone on the Apple TV.

What am I missing? What do I need to do?

I do not think TVE is supported in ARM NAS's..

Other than the error message, where is it documented that it is not supported? The documentation states that NAS is supported, that TVE is supported, the server software is specific to the MyCloud EX2 Ultra and installs without error.

Is there a way to configure live TVE without DVR support?

No you need the DVR ....

In the requirements section of the TVE announcement you will see that only Intel CPUs are supported. Item 3c. At the bottom they even specifically mention ARM is not supported. I’m not 100% but I think it’s because one of the components TVE requires is Chrome, which only works on Intel.

Requirements

You will need:

1. A major U.S. cable or OTT provider like AT&T TV Now, Cox, Direct TV, Direct TV Now, Dish Network, Frontier, FuboTV, HTC Digital, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, PSVue, Philo, Sling TV, Spectrum, Verizon Fios, Xfinity, YouTube TV, etc.
  2. Channels Plus subscription
  3. Channels DVR Server running on one of the following:
    a. Mac with Google Chrome installed (into /Applications )
    b. Windows PC with Google Chrome installed
    c. Linux PC or NAS using a 64-bit Intel CPU
    d. Docker container using fancybits/channels-dvr:tve
    e. NVidia SHIELD

Other DVR platforms (like ARM-based NAS) do not currently support this new feature.