Import Metadata / Artwork / Custom Metadata Option

I would like to be able to import my own artwork that I have embedded in my .mp4 files. There are times when artwork is not available, it looks dated, or it's too compressed or poorly designed gracenote etc image. Here are a few examples of some different artwork I made for several 9/11 specials in my library that I am finally getting around to editing and adding to Channels.

I would also love the ability to add custom metadata for sports as I am unable to match games up (I can't find a source) even offline (using MetaZ and Subler) and likely would requiring manual entry. One thing that would be really cool especially for sports is if the metadata could be burned to the file in the library (after the new event / program is recorded) and then can be saved to use after editing commercials out. Even if it had to be in a flat file to manually enter in. I understand this part would be complicated and would take some time.

Lastly, if we are able to import custom metadata, I would love to be able to populate where the program aired or originated when applicable. This should be as simple as the meta tag that is used with recordings and pull network logo in. I think the UI in Channels is awesome and would like the same experience on imported content as well.

Thanks for your consideration with this request. The ability to load custom Artwork and adding Metadata to my archived Sporting events is the last thing keeping me from moving everything to Channels and deleting Plex. I realize everyone won't want to edit artwork and metadata, but that's what makes Channels the best DVR on the market.

We're working on this. It'll come eventually.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I'll be happy to provide you sample .mp4s etc if you need them.

Sure, you can upload a couple here:

1 Like

Done. I have about 10 NFL games and 10 College Football games still on my DVR as they were recorded. If you can show me how / where to dig to get the existing metadata (especially season / episode) things, I can create a few in sequence of a season and playoff games. Just need to know where to start.

I'm not sure what you're asking for.

Hi Aman,

Basically what fields are needed to populate a college football game / season. Mainly the 4th screenshot of the metadata with season / episode etc.

I have about 10 college football games still on my dvr including the game that is featured here. How can I look at that specific game to see what metadata you are using in Channels / gracenote from the recorded broadcast? If I can look at that, I can figure out the needed metadata format for sports so what I see on my DVR appears back when I edit the file and add the metadata unless there is a gracenote id for this broadcast. Hope this helps.

I'm also uploading a short test sample. It's a different game with Alabama metadata as I don't have the game edited yet.

Thank you

Sorry I'm still confused. All the metadata you see on the web UI or app is what's available. There's no season/episode number available if its not shown in the channels app.

How can I see the metadata code to see the gracenote (fields?) It says file ID 6079. I have a PR2100 if that helps.

http://x:8089/dvr/files/6079

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you. Let me see what I can dig up here.

I uploaded another example of a new miniseries that aired last night. This is a good example of what's on your end and user created metadata and artwork. I used Subler and imported their metadata and selected iTunes artwork. I can easily chang the artwork to gracenote if needed.

9/11: One Day in America
NGC

cc: @tmm1