Import TVE channels into Live Channels

Thank you kind sir!

I have a Hauppage USB tuner, and it is not supported. It was the only way.

1 Like

How were you able to download the M3U playlists for Xfinity? I'm interested in getting the TV-Go Channels linked up through the web into Channels. I'm very new to this and so if there is info out there that I can look at to find out more, I'd be happy to look. Thanks!

Are you asking how to export an M3U?

Add to a browser and then tell it where to save:
http://serveripaddress:8089/devices/ANY/channels.m3u?format=ts

You can also change "ANY" to "TVE-nnnn" , "M3U-nnnn" or the serial number of an HDHR tuner

1 Like

If you intend to use the Channels app, none of this will apply to you, just go to your DVR server in a browser and add xfinity as a source.

Oh gotcha. I thought you were using a custom M3U to import xfinity sources into the channels app. I was interested in doing a direct source from the xfinity stream site like I've seen peopledoing with Pluto. Certain channels aren't available with TVE that the stream site has available.

I haven't downloaded the software yet. I just haven't found the time with Christmas & such yet. But I've been fascinated with this & have tried to learn what I can. Seems I completely misunderstood your point on this thread haha.

It yields the same channels either way.

1 Like

You can try searching for information on web scrapping to extract m3u links from web sites. Looks like a lot of work but I think its the direction you were looking to go.

1 Like

Web scraping is something I've needed to learn for a while now. Seems like a project worthy of taking on. I wasn't going to re-invent the wheel if someone already figured it out though.

I was trying to do what you are trying to do and used this as a reference:

I ended up installing Bluestacks, and the Stream app, and was able to snoop out the .mpd manifest when playing a channel. That was all I got to until I discovered Channels DVR and was like, OK, and called off the investigation.

1 Like

I seen a project on gethub a while back for doing this with another paid subscription service using your own credentials. I think it was for ustvnow. There may information there to start. I didn't give it a good look i was looking for something else when I came across it.

1 Like

Well, my journey has come to an end. Both Vigo & Xfinity (both of which I have access to are DRM protected). So I can grab the video file stream, but I can't get anything outside of a browser to play it. So ultimately, you'd have to set up a headless browser to act as a server as a middle man to grab the stream and send it off to channels. It would definitely be a vanity project just to prove I could do it. Maybe later haha, if there is still a need. There are only a couple of channels that don't do TVE anyway. Nickelodeon being the main one for my kids.

I'm using this command:
curl -XGET "http://192.168.0.232:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?time=1613268000&duration=100"

By any chance is there a way to specify a channel or ChannelID to narrow down the results?

There are no plans to expand the xmltv api, because it is meant for bulk export into other systems.

More options are available via the json guide apis which are used by the channels app.

Ok, How about this? I'm using:
curl -XGET "http://192.168.0.232:8089/devices/ANY/guide?time=1613268000&duration=100"

to get json data. By any chance is there a way to specify a channel or ChannelID to narrow down the results?

There is a /devices/ANY/guide/now?filter=favorites

Closest thing to per-channel would be the guide search or advanced pass test API.

What would be the command for a guide search? That sounds like it might be what I'm looking for.

Is there a document for this API?

1 Like

You are right (of course). I checked out the JSON vs the XMLTV and the JSON is much better for me. If there is no way to specify the stationID, I can just search the file.