Imported Shows/Movies Listed Twice

I'm currently running DVR 2021.02.04.1931 on the Raspberry Pi image. I think a recent update (not sure which one) has caused my Imported shows and movies to show up twice in the DVR interface and in the Android clients that I use.

Example: in /media/DVR/Imports/Movies the file Finding Nemo-1.m4v is only there once, but it appears twice in the "Movies" section of my library. The indicator shows one of those "two" as partially watched.

TV shows that have been imported also show up twice, except for one. Strange. Not a big issue, just not sure what caused it or the best way to resolve. Thanks.

Update - still not sure what caused it, but going into the listings and trashing one of the duplicates solved the problem.

This was a bug that unfortunately slipped in and affects the Pi image.

I recommend you update your dvr to the latest prerelease, then delete any duplicates that have shown up.

1 Like

Starting with v2021.02.24.2307, imported videos which have been sent to Trash will be deleted off of the disk when the Trash is cleaned out. This fixes the issue where deleting an imported video would make it reappear after a few days (when it got scanned in again).

If you're affected by this Pi bug with duplicates appearing, use the following procedure to clean up the dupes:

• rename existing imports folder to imports2
  • click Local Content > Maintenance > Prune Missing
  • go to Trash and click Empty
  • rename imports2 back to imports
  • click Local Content > Maintenance > Scan Sources to rescan content fresh