Imported TV Shows are duplicated

I'm very new to Channels DVR, coming from TiVo. When I import existing TV shows in Channels DVR (v2021.03.30.0356 on Mac), I notice that they show up in the library 2 times for each show.

I did notice that there was an issue like this on RPi reported before, but I don't really see a solution. Does anyone else have this issue when importing existing content? Is it only the Mac version?

Could you screenshot your local content settings?

Please also click Support > Troubleshooting > Submit Diagnostics on your dvr web UI

Here’s the screenshot, and the log has been submitted.

image|666x500

Logs have been submitted as 7bc6e72b-ce12-4228-84b7-56379b807e45 . Please send an email to[email protected] to give details about the issue you're having.

See:

Yup! That’s the message that I was referring to in my original message. I followed that process, and still have duplicates.

If you look at the duration and filename for each one, what does it show?
Are they the same.

Interesting question!
When I look at them in the Web UI, or the iOS App, they are identical in every way.

I think you can simply remove both the entries under Local Content settings. Those directories are already scanned by default and you don't need to add them manually.

1 Like

Ding ding ding!!!
The suggestion to remove those paths from the settings, along with the (Prune, Trash, Scan) procedure that you suggested for the RPi image, worked like a charm! I can't recall if the 2 import folders were in there by default after the installation, or if I added them myself, but now they're out, and it's scanning just fine. (And there's only 1 version of each imported show)

Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it! (It may have taken TiVo 2 months to respond, and never fix the problem)

2 Likes

TiVo Support is an oxymoron.
1-Rerun guided setup
2-Restart the TiVo
3-Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
If the above steps fail to resolve the issue, repeat starting at step 1.

Correct. I had to learn all of the under-hood goodness myself with TiVo, but now my hardware is getting a bit more difficult to continue to support. This is why I'm looking to start using Channels. I just need to figure out a good workflow for auto-dumping cut shows to my iPad for when I'm on the go without data...