Imports?

In the latest client betas, you can now set Allow Delete to Just DVR Recordings.

In the latest server prerelease, you can now force all your clients to have specific settings. See Beta - Server Side Client Settings

4 Likes

Has this issue been addressed? My search and personal experience indicates the answer is "no".

This is a minor annoyance for me, but it would be major deal for my wife. Any chance of a fix?

Good morning!

I've started adding all my TV Shows from Plex into Channels, and I'm noticing an issue. I have my files named using data from TVDB, but this is not matching Gracenote's data. So majority of the episodes in a show are not being matched up.

Is there any plan to add tvdb support for shows like you added tvdb support for movies?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Please provide examples of your filenames and paths.

Has this ever been resolved? It isn't a huge deal for me to change tracks. But one day, after I get hit by a bus, my wife will have no idea what to do.

There were several changes to subtitles in yesterdays TestFlight. So let us know if it's still not working and submit diagnostics

Nope. Audio track with commentary still plays by default on the latest TestFlight. Diagnostics sent.

Please go to View Details for this video in your Channels DVR Server web admin and copy all the track details and paste them here.

Here you go:

Duration
1 hr 29 min

Bit Rate
38,829,517 bits/sec

File Size
25,769,714,233 bytes

File ID

Streaming Index
Out of date

Track #0: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
1920x1080 16:9 yuv420p progressive 23.98fps

Track #1: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
5.1(side) spa 448kbps

Track #2: DCA (DTS Coherent Acoustics)
5.1(side) eng 0kbps

Track #3: DCA (DTS Coherent Acoustics)
5.1(side) eng 1,536kbps

Track #4: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
5.1(side) fra 448kbps

Track #5: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
stereo eng 224kbps

Track #6: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
eng

Track #7: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
spa

Track #8: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
spa

Track #9: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
spa

Track #10: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
zho

Track #11: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
zho

Track #12: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
kor

Track #13: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
fra

Track #14: HDMV Presentation Graphic Stream subtitles
fra

Which track in that list is the commentary? The 2channel AC-3 track?

It's labeled English Stereo in the interface so seems it would have to be the 2 channel AC-3 track.

So it does not have the word "commentary" in it?

The web admin does not show the title, but the Channels client does. Is this where you're reading it from?

Yes, I was reading it from the AppleTV client.

Also interesting that the track I annually want is labeled as 0kbps.

Audio track selection has improved, fixing this issue.

2 Likes

Is this a server patch or an update to AppleTV? My test just now is still selecting the incorrect audio track.

It's an update to the Apple TV beta app:

1 Like

Yep. Should have realized that. Trying to do too many things at once this morning. Tested and confirmed that both examples I found in my library now play the correct track automagically. Very nice. Thanks!

3 Likes

Most of my movies on Virtual Channels play the wrong audio track when I tune to them. Is there a fix for this in the settings? Thanks!

Could you be provide more details? What tracks do they have, what is it playing, and what did you expect it to play.