Imports?

This is not a released feature. It is only in pre-release builds.

You should not create any folders inside the DVR directory. Imports is for importing your old video folder separate from the DVR.

No

Sorry, guess I held down the Update button one time too many. :slight_smile:

Thanks, should have known not to mess around in there!

OK thank you. I'll embed the subtitle file(s) with an editor. Can Channels select from multiple CC options the way it can select audio language tracks?

This is what it looks like from the web, but its doing something similar on the tv apps as well. When I delete the files they just come back.

This is all thats in the directory I've pointed to

Im seeing the same thing when accessing my server from the web, or trying to watch from my phone, shield or fire tv. Im running version 2019.12.14.0208

The files prefixed with ._ are created by macOS to hold the resource fork portion of files that the Finder has indexed on partitions of a filesystem type that does not support resource forks.

I can't remember it off hand, but there is a setting you can use to stop the Finder from creating these files on network and external volumes.

Do you know if those are zero byte files?

Ah, found the commands:

Disable creating .ds_store on USB volumes
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteUSBStores -bool true

Disable creating .ds_store on network volumes
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores -bool true

1 Like

Yes.

Could you run in Terminal.app with the path to the directory:

ls -alh /Volumes/...

They are zero byte files

Yep got the same issues with some of the files I imported on my Windows 10 PC. Made sure all the titles are correctly formatted but still has this issue.

The latest dvr build ignores files that start with "."

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks so much

Anyone care to offer any updates/feedback on how this has been working for them? Currently I’m using Infuse but would like to pull everything into Channels. I’m just a little hesitant to try if it’s still riddled with major bugs. I’m ok if the basic fundamentals of it are working and it will play the movies. I can work through identifying the movies and working through those bugs.

It is nice to have integration with Channels. It is very early at this point but I see no reason you could not play with it. I use PLEX and Channels pointing to the same Movie Folders. You can continue to use Infuse while testing Channels and keep everything in the same folder.

Main thing at this point is that all of the movies are in 1 place under Recordings "New Movies" with no Filter for things like Genre, Content Rating or Actor etc. Also, no Collections. You do have 2 or 3 SORT options. But I expect a lot of these things will be added over the coming months.

So, while they are working on it, it is just a nice add-on to Channels.

2 Likes

I enabled the movie source - so far they all imported and I only had to adjust the meta data on a few. Everything is playing fine on the several movies I tested.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Stumbled onto this new feature earlier today... I added a source, in my case /share/Movies but nothing is happening. So, here is my question: does the scanner recurse through sub-folders? My movies are organized as such:

/share/Movies/Movie Name (date)/Movie Name (date).ext (ext is usually mp4)

It's cleaner (for me) to keep movies in their own subfolders with various artifacts like movie posters, etc. And adding each subfolder (close to 1000) on channels seems impractical.

OK, I think I figured it out. /share/Movies didn't work, but that's really just a sym link to /share/CACHEDEV3_DATA/Movies - when I add that folder instead, it scans. So conclusion: sym links not supported?

So I'm trying to figure out how to use different sound tracks and subtitles. I do not see a way to turn on subtitles. I don not have a closed caption coming up on my screen to turn it on. What am I doing wrong. I can get different tracks and subtitles on Plex just not Channels.

On Apple TV, or somewhere else?

Nevermind. When I was using the webUI choices don't appear. I went to the AppleTV and everything came up just fine. But I do have a question about the container. Is it better to use MKV, MP4 or M4V with channels? Or does it really even matter?