Imports?

Understood perfectly. Thanks for letting us play along.

I stopped importing my movies two things I did not like ....

1. They show up within the recorded Movies would prefer an imported section instead.

2. I am not sure of this but I believe anybody can delete the imported movies from the UI ?

Yes, totally got it on the Pre-Alpha. I also love helping you guys test stuff though because you're so quick with fixes and changes.

I can see this is probably way off from what it could/would eventually be. There are lots of things I would change regarding UI and usability but I figured you aren't close to ready for that yet.

So far playback has been good on my end. I have run a couple of movies through it so far.

Movies are movies, why does it matter if they were recorded or imported?

I guess coming from SageTV they separated recorded media from imported media .. to avoid accidental deletion as the imported section can be set to no delete .. no big deal if all are grouped as movies as long as users cannot delete any imported movies.

Okay that makes sense. Right now the DVR will never delete any imported movie from the disk, regardless of what the UI shows. The UI will change in the future as the current work is happening on the backend.

Thanks for the list! Looks like most of the failures are due to apostrophes. Unfortunately that's out of our control as the guide search API does not deal with it very well. We're seeing the same behavior on zap2it.com when trying to search for "Charlottes Web" vs "Charlotte's Web".

These should work starting in v2019.11.04.2345

This is also fixed in v2019.11.04.2345

Were those original recordings renamed to remove the air date at the end of the filename?

Or did you have to fix the matches when you imported?

This is fixed in the latest build v2019.11.05.0016. You will need to remove and re-add the folder which contains these movies.

I did not receive any more examples from you, so its possible other files with different patterns will not match automatically.

No way to change the poster image at the moment.

The latest build now shows movie posters in the Imports section when available.

We do not control the list of genres- they come from the guide provider. The web UI was only showing top 5 genres, but I have changed it to list them all out in the latest build.

Just curious since it will probably help others- are you renaming by hand, or using some program to do it?

Well done. Thanks for the extremely quick changes. > 95% of my movies were auto matched. I fix the remaining.

Regarding the Genre. Yes, there are lot of them now. I assume this will also be available in the Apple TV Client :slight_smile:

Thanks for the Posters in the Import section. That was helpful when fixing my initial imports.

Suggestion: I assume you will have a Watched vs UnWatched Selection at some point. It would be helpful to MARK all as Watched as a option after the first setup.

1 Like

Thanks. Just re-scanned the movie Home and it's finding the correct one now.

1 Like

Plex ignores anything within square brackets.

In MacOS I'm using the rename feature in finder. Its basically like a Find/Replace in a word processor. I would do things like searching for 2013 and replacing with (2013), or search for 1080p and leave the replace field blank. Its not totally automated but it does fix a lot at a time with a lot less work.

The more manual work will be adding years to all of the files.

1 Like

Most media platforms use the year in the parent directory, but use it as optional for the file itself:
Some Movie Title (2057)/Some Movie Title.ext

I just don't see the point in an unnecessary folder in the directory tree.

I know you can import from multiple paths like this
curl -XPUT http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/scanner/paths/movies?path=path_to_Recorded_Movies
curl -XPUT http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/scanner/paths/movies?path=path_to_BD-Rips
Does the scanner then scan both paths for changes every 5 minutes, or only the most recent path you imported from?

Is there a way to view what scan/import paths you have set?
I know you can see it as ImportPath in the /dvr/files json of each file, but anywhere else?
http://127.0.0.1:8089/dvr/files/1823

All paths are scanned. A UI to view/add/remove movie sources is coming soon.

1 Like

Perhaps my situation is different, but I generally keep it that way to more easily facilitate things like sideloaded subtitles and the like.

1 Like

OK, will lurk here until I see a beta announcement.

I feel like this thread should be kept to what the Devs are asking for to be tested and not for requests of things we want implemented. It's still pre-alpha as has been stated above.

Thanks for including the poster image on importing, helps with matching.
No problems importing/scanning multiple paths for movies.
Fix incorrect match works well for me.
No problems playing H.264 .mp4's or transport streams in the web UI.
No problems playing Mpeg2 .mpg's or transport streams in the web UI.
I like that deleting an imported movie just removes it from the database.

There have been mentions of it in a few places but i really hope this is to lead up to a pseudotv style system - Channels does, well, channels better than any other program and i hope this is to add to that focus

I had to run the prune manually. Do you plan to make it part of the 5 minute SCAN?