Imports?

Filebot is your friend. It automates all that renaming.

1 Like

Yes, please save any feature requests for a later time. I know everyone is excited, ESPECIALLY US, but there's still so much core work to be done for all of this that feature requests just create noise at this point. Additionally, we have plans in how things are going to be presented, don't even bother suggesting or complaining about how movies are showing up in Channels right now :wink:

Please help us with the stuff we're asking help with.

Thanks!!

4 Likes

Sorry, lurking mode on now.

A UI to manage movie sources is available in v2019.11.05.2320

2 Likes

This is the best thing that happened to Channels since TVE.
Hoping I can create custom "Libraries" so I can have my Concerts, Movies, TV Shows and Kids crap separated.

Thanks a lot! Renewing my Channels DVR subscription next week.

Local Content Import your existing media library into the DVR

I previously added 2 Movie Sources which appear to work because I have movies from both sources but there is only 1 in the new UI (which I am happy to see).

Maybe a bug in the previous builds. If you add the old source again and remove it, it should remove the movies from that source.

That fixed it. Added the source then deleted the source (which dropped the movies) then Added the source back. All good now.

I have a 10 of the Minions "Shorts" movies in my collection. They are each in their own folders. The scanner found 3 of them correctly with the poster:

Panic in the Mailroom (2013)/Panic in the Mailroom (2013) - 480p.mkv
Home Makeover (2010)/Home Makeover (2010) - 480p.mkv
Minions Orientation Day (2010)/Minions Orientation Day (2010) - 480p.mkv

These next 3 seem to have been found based on a correct description but without finding a poster:

Mower Minions (2016)/Mower Minions (2016) - 480p.mkv
Training Wheels (2013)/Training Wheels (2013) - 480p.mkv
Puppy (2013)/Puppy (2013) - 480p.mkv

These next 4 aren't found at all (no poster or description):

Cro Minion (2015)/Cro Minion (2015) - 480p.mkv
Competition (2015)/Competition (2015) - 480p.mkv
The Secret Life of Kyle (2017)/The Secret Life of Kyle (2017) - 480p.mkv
Banana (2010)/Banana (2010) - 480p.mkv

1 Like

how would one add a network share via the UI? it wont let me and doesnt show the mapped drive of that network share, only shows physical drives.

thanks

I too, would like to know if this is possible? I have my QNAP mapped in Windows and would like to have access to the Movies on it. DVR running on Windows machine.

nevermind, a close and restart of the server now shows the mapped drive.

I am seeing this during playback of movies I imported. Only tested a few and have seen it in 2 of the movies. And I only watched a few minutes.

Braveheart.mp4

Duration
2 hrs 58 min

Bit Rate
4,971,110 bits/sec

File Size
6,622,834,442 bytes

File ID

Streaming Index Up-to-date
No

Track #0: AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
stereo eng 127.716kbps

Track #1: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
1916x812 479:203 yuv420p interlaced 23.98fps

Track #2: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)
5.1(side) eng 384kbps

Track #3: EIA-608 closed captions
eng

Track #4: binary data
und

Track #5: Motion JPEG
667x1000 667:1000 yuvj444p interlaced NaNfps

Looks like it's the Closed Caption data. If you navigate up to the language tab, are there caption options? Is so, are any of them enabled?

CC was OFF. If I turn them on it does not change. I could try with Plex to see what is there in a minute. Also, there are two option for AUDIO. English and English.

There is a bug in the player where captions will be enabled when watching imported movies. We will fix this in an upcoming build of the app.

Your movie has two audio tracks- AAC and AC-3. Both are shown, but only with their language labels. As stated earlier, there will be lots of changes to the player and apps to accommodate the imported movies.

Understand. FYI... If I turn the CC ON in Plex I see the same issue. Apparently a problem with some CC on some of my movies. Plex did show the AAC and AC-3 so got that.

Again, I understand this is all ALPHA and just giving feedback.

1 Like

We're finding that the movie coverage in our guide provider's database isn't all that great. Still figuring out next steps, but we may decide to scrap everything and start over with TMDB.

1 Like

I would concur :stuck_out_tongue: