šŸ“¢ Improved discovery for iOS and tvOS

Have you seen this happen more than once? I havenā€™t been able to reproduce this issue. If it does happen again can you send a diagnostic report?

I installed the beta earlier on a few devices that use a remote dvr and a local dual tuner (for live tv only). If the non-beta app was still installed it would bring up the login page, but if the non-beta app was deleted before installing the beta app it would only show a loading animation indefinitely. This behavior persisted after a force close and a full reboot.

@JMcGuire: When you see the app hang would you mind grabbing the logs from http://<apple-tv-ip>:57000/log and emailing them to [email protected]? I'd like to figure out what's going on here.

Log sent, let me know if you need anything else

I was able to figure out what the issue is and I'll be releasing a new build tomorrow. Thank you for reporting this issue.

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.20.815) has been posted:

• FIXED: Hang during app startup after clean app install
1 Like

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.21.31) has been posted:

• IMPROVED: Prioritizes IPs over hostnames for discovered DVRs
  • FIXED: Crash while starting to watch Live TV via DVR if the DVR hostname cannot be resolved

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.21.1802) has been posted:

• FIXED: Up Next is updated after marking an episode as watched

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.22.19) has been posted:

• FIXED: Properly detect legacy HDHomeRun devices when connected to a DVR

Is top row on the tvOS betas working for anyone else? Mine havenā€™t in a while with these new numerous updates.

Does not work here either. I havenā€™t noticed since I normally do not keep the beta on top row.

Iā€™ll check it out. Thanks for reporting it.

@AeroR1: @d21mike: I've released a new version that fixes the Top Shelf issue. Let me know if you have any more issues.

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.24.224) has been posted:

• FIXED: Ensure Top Shelf updates properly on tvOS

That was a quick fix. Works good here.

1 Like

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.24.356) has been posted:

• FIXED: Fix situation where some data was not refreshed on app relaunch

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.24.2245) has been posted:

• IMPROVED: Check for added and removed channels on every app launch

iOS and tvOS beta build Version 2019 (11.25.654) has been posted:

• FIXED: Ensure the correct tab is selected when reconnecting after DVR Not Found screen is shown

Thanks to everyone who helped with testing this! Itā€™s been very helpful for finding bugs.

The changes have been release to the App Store.

2 Likes

Eric, is this you pushing constant ā€œundefinedā€ updates in the beta channel. Itā€™s constant on iOS and atv.

If it is, thatā€™s fine but the undefined has me thinking it might be a bug in TestFlight since there are never any release notes. Channels Neta is the only app that it happens to, it doesnā€™t happen to my other beta apps.

Thanks.

Looks like a bug on our side. Those builds are for internal testing and weren't supposed to go out via TestFlight. Will fix for future builds.

2 Likes