In late September, Disney will shutter there "TV Everywhere" channels

Reference:

1 Like

Doesn't say the Network websites will no longer be available, just the apps.
In fact it says

The websites associated with Disney’s broadcast and cable networks will still be available, as well as on-demand libraries within cable and satellite services.

1 Like

Search for the "Everywhere"

You will find "Beginning in late September, customers will be barred from accessing "TV Everywhere" apps associated with Disney's broadcast and cable networks."

That's what I said. They're killing the apps.
It never said they're taking down the network live streaming websites that use TVE technology to link your provider so you can watch there at the live streaming websites. Does it?
Where do you think Channels DVR TVE gets the streams from?

2 Likes

We read this differently. I feel they are calling TVE an app and we both know that that is incorrect use of the term. We will see who's interpretation of a journalist's technology language is correct in a month.

3 Likes

That's what bugged me when Channels DVR first supported TVE and we were sent to the streamables website to see what TVE apps were available. Which had nothing to do with what networks we could get through TVE at the network websites.

2 Likes

I’m a bit pessimistic about these announcements and am preparing accordingly. I feel like once a channel’s app is killed off, then it’s only a matter of time before the video on the website get DRMed with Widevine or something similar too, in order to prevent it being streamed by any other app or service that’s not their own website. I guess we’ll find out soon enough…

I'm not waiting. I've already moved to ADBTUNER etc.
Most people that subscribe to stuff like YTTV etc don't even use the apps and the number of people who do is extremely small.
Channels users are even smaller.
Best thing to do is get used to working on different ways of getting your favorites or move on.
I love the app and used to like TVE untill stuff got pulled.
I'm not waiting until i can't watch a channel.
I suggest being pro-active and at leat work on getting your favorites in channels.

1 Like