Incomplete Movie Recordings

I am going through my recorded movies and am seeing a few not completely recorded but yet no failure is logged. Maybe a check of duration vs actual duration recorded. I deleted them so they will re-record.

I see it says the streaming index is out of date. If you do the “refresh timestamps” (not sure if that’s the exact name) on the recording does it fix it?

Did that not change ... the file size is way too small anyway for a 2 hour movie. I will blame it on Gremlins. ... but there should be some kind of indication when a movie only records 32 minutes ... :ok_hand:

Did it show Delayed or Interrupted?
You can find out what happened by looking at the DVR log and your Prime tuner system log.
Here's an example I posted on the Channels DVR Log.

The problem is that you do not know when something is wrong until you go to watch it. There has to be some kind of alert I do not have the time to check every movie... or recording. I am afraid to look through my passes where I want all episodes.

Yep, in a perfect world.
The more you record, the more issues you experience.

Here is another one ..... No error or Interrupted. 32 minutes. Yeah but I am used to the Sagetv DVR notifying me of a problem when I start the Client.

I posted the wrong screenshot looking for it again.

You may want to examine the logs, because the devs will want to see them anyway.

Yeah I understand that but I rather not find out when I go to watch it. Well for now guess I have to live with it.

Believe me, been there done that.
Worst is when you record something and a week or two later you find out the guide was wrong or it was pre-empted, or... and it's not showing any more. :frowning_face:

You got me laughing now .... :rofl: ..