Incorrect channel naming

I'm having problems with SD channels not being mapped in Channels DVR correctly. see image below:

The channels (UK Freeview) are correctly named in HDHomerun and used to be correct in channels dvr, but now are incorrectly named as botched HD channels (but not flagged as HD).

This means no channel logos and makes it look poor. I've tried to manually change them, but it seems its the channelsdvr pick list which is wrong (per channel number).

Any ideas how to fix this??

I am having similar issues in the UK. All was working until a couple of days ago. Nothing changed in my config so I suspect either the latest channels dvr build did something or the guide data provider has changed something or the free view uk channel lineup changed in some way which broke the mapping. Not really sure how to tell which.

1 Like

I think it’s the guide data provider, it’s happened before. I let @tmm1 know a couple days ago and he was going to pass it up to the data provider. Also, the HD names in the guide data are fine, it’s always been that way. The only channels that are regionalised are BBC1 and ITV, and those get the correct guide data for your region (and don’t have HD in their names in the guide data).

Good to hear its already been reported.

Reusing the guide data is fine, as long at the channel logo is in place. When its not showing BBC2HD in the EPG is very odd when its not HD

I have a possible related issues. In Northern Ireland and can receive the DVB-T multiplex from UK and ROI. This means numerous channels in low numbers “collide”. Normally I resolve this by selecting the correct LCN (Logical Channel Number) via the Virtual Table system. I can see no way to set this up on HDHomeRun or Channels. Also no easy way to correctly reassign channels to correct channel or multiplex.

The channel scan and preference happens on the HDHR side, so you would need to contact them about which channels are being picked up.

They did add a feature recently for DVB users on the HDHR channel scan web page:

• HDHR3-4DC/HDHR5-4DC: Support user-selection of network ID when multiple lineups are detected.

Not sure that is relevant to my OP? In my case hdhomerun channels are fine (see image below), but those mapped in channels DVR are reusing the HD guide (ok i guess), but missing channel logos. Screenshot_20181014-204404

I have reported the missing logos to our guide provider.

My previous comment was directed at @agregson

Ah ok, thanks @tmm1

The logos should be fixed now. Click the circle refresh icon under your HDHR to reload guide data, and let me know if there are any remaining issues.

Thanks, but so far only BBC2 is fixed:

1 Like

Thanks. Looks like they fixed some lineups but not others. Apparently some sort of "manual error" on their end. I just sent them a note saying it's not fixed yet along with your transmitter lineup.

Mine isn’t fixed either. GBR-1000040-DEFAULT

1 Like

Fixed :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

Fixed for me as well, thanks!

1 Like