Incorrect DVR info in account details

Previously I used a Mac Mini as my Channels DVR home, but have moved to Synology. In my account "Your DVR" is still listed as the Mac mini and the link for accessing from outside my home is wrong. How can I correct this?

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue with a trial run I did a year before I came on board.

You need to uninstall your old DVR on your Mac Mini. Run the installer again, and choose the Uninstall option.

Thanks, will try when I get home

Uninstalled, DVR is now correct, but I get this message for out of home access

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://a3d3d4e55c3e.u.channelsdvr.net:8089/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Disable and enable remote access on the correct dvr

Same deal

Maybe need to reboot your router. Sounds like its still configured to point to your old PC

I've reset your dynamic hostname. Please disable remote DVR again, and re-enable it.

Last one didn't make a difference, will reset router later when my daughter allows me to :wink:

Ok, that didn't work either :frowning:

Any other ideas?

You need to:

• Disable the DVR on the server(s) you're no longer using
  • Remove/uninstall the DVR server from the device you're not using
  • Verify your port forwarding rules are correct
  • Disable & reapply the remote streaming from your single DVR server
1 Like

Busy week. Thanks.

Have done all this except check port forwarding rules. What are they and how can they be checked?

I do know that I could watch remotely with same router before I switched to Synology so is the problem there?

Port forwarding rules are in your router.
Check the documentation for your router on how to change them.

He's saying your router is probably still port forwarding to the IP address of your Mac Mini, instead of the Synology.