Incorrect DVR time

My DVR's time seems to be off. For the past week, recordings started around 3-4 minutes later, cutting off the show. This happens on all channels, days, times, etc.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Fix the clock on your NAS and enable the time-sync feature.

The time was already correct there.

Are there errors shown on the recordings? Does the Log tab of the DVR show them starting at time?

If you watch a channel live that shows the current time (like news programs on CNN, or the Today Show), is the time correct? (Maybe your TV provider is delaying the feeds?)

The log shows the correct start time.

Live TV is fine. It's just recorded programming.

Please paste the log messages.

You're saying it shows "Starting job" at the right time (i.e. hh:00:00) but that the actual recorded file is missing several minutes of content? That can only mean the clock on your NAS is incorrect.

I'm curious what the issue is, especially when john says ""This happens on all channels, days, times, etc."

Some of my cable programs start up to 30 seconds late and run 30 seconds over, but that's the cable providers feed, not my NAS/PC/DVR.

TVE channels are always delayed up to a minute and sometimes take another minute to "tune" them for a recording to start.

I've never experienced anything more than a couple minutes off unless my DVR time was off or the guide data was wrong.

I use time.google.com as my NTP provider and all my systems keep accurate time to within a half-second worst case and usually within tenths of a second (checking with time.is).

Time.is
Your time is exact!
The difference from Time.is was +0.009 seconds (+/- 0.018 seconds).

Just wanted to add that I fell down the rabbit hole investigating NTP and Stratum and how close am I to an Atomic Clock and... Finally decided if my time is accurate to within a minute, I'm good for DVR purposes, didn't need the degree in rocket science.

1 Like