Increase buffer Tivo Stream- fail

Trying to transition from Directv to something, Channels is the closest thing I've found that gets me 80% of the way there. The number one issue I have is the limited buffer - I know it's dependent of the equipment. There are a number of articles on adding storage to both the FS and TS4K and I bought the needed stuff for the Tivo. The Tivo sees the memory and allows me to install to it but when I moved Channels to the extended memory it kept crashing. I could not find a way to get it functioning, has anyone successfully added storage and increased the buffer?

I'm after 90-120 minutes of buffer. The other thing I miss is dual streams something I use often. Open to suggestions.

I noticed this behavior when using UBS2 thumb drives. Make sure you are using a USB3 drive, and preferably one with a built in USB-C connector, because an A-to-C adapter can introduce additional issues.

I use this one

Also I always uninstall then reinstall after channels after I set up the usb drive. I never had an issue and get a 2 to 4 hour buffer depending on source of channel.

@Tom_Leach no performance issues running Channels app from this drive? I was using an SD card with an adapter and it seemed to introduce some "jitter" into playback - it didn't cause app crashing, just what seems to be some performance degradation. Thanks.

I see no difference. But I do see a performance difference between the ts4k and the fs4k. I love the ts4k remote but the fs4k is snappier and glitches far less.

have you tried the ts4k remote with the fire stick? it works with the cc...

Yes I've got it to work with the Google CC the firecube the and the fs4k but only the basic buttons worked for me. I couldn't get any of the special ones to work (guide, tivo or live) and they are what make it such a great remote with channels. And the fs4k is the only device that consistently works with hotel WiFi login, the Google CC is about 50 percent and the ts4k is even less.

the guide and number buttons work for me with the chromecast, the only one that didn't was the tivo button. that was good enough for me...