Intermittent audio in Web Player on some Frndly.tv METV recordings

I have a pass for recording The Mod Squad on METV+ on Frndly.tv. The recordings play fine on the Android TV and through the Channels app on my Android phone, but when playing through a browser on my PC or on my phone the audio is intermittent (dropouts of about 2 seconds at regular intervals). Perhaps it's some kind of muxing issue because the video plays fine. So far the browsers I've tried to play them on are Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

This behavior seems to be isolated to the recordings from some - if not all - of the channels on Frndly.tv, because I don't have a problem with intermittent audio when playing the channels live.

Is this a known issue? Can I do anything about it?

I can say this happens a lot for me.
Doesn't seem to matter what the source is, Custom M3U's like Frndly and Pluto or HDHR Prime.
Besides the intermittent audio issue, sometimes it either won't start to play unless I skip forward or during playback it just freezes with the buffering circle.
I realize the Web Player isn't a supported client, so I just use VLC or something else to play those.

Can you play it in VLC away from home? When I paste Channels' "Watch Now" URL into the network URL box of VLC it says "Your input can't be opened:".

Not using Channels remote access, but using Tailscale.

I sometimes remote desktop into my home network from my work PCs, but I never like to leave it connected for long. I'm not sure how using Tailscale would be looked upon by our IT services. I was hoping for a more "traditional" way to use Channels remote access, but Tailscale may be a more secure way to get the same kind of access.